Thursday 26 May 2011

Bottle Dripping

As I had two glass Coca-Cola bottles saved, I wanted to turn them into candlesticks! Spacifically bohimian(esk) bottle dripping candlesticks. Letting the wax drip down over the bottle to create layers of lushious layered wax.


Above is a before the bottle dripping began.
And below is the beginigns of the many layers to accumulate upon the bottle....


After the wax began to layer upon layer upon layer,(due to my obsessive candle lighting) I decided to embed some miniture small soldiers (I found in my craft box) into the wax. I thought I could have them positioned as if they were climbing up toward the candle and the flame. I think it worked out well but would like too add more to emphisize the climb.





  I also photographed the bottles in front of an image from a book i recently bought which has images of old movie posters, this was just a bit of fun but I did actually like the images.....



 

No comments:

Post a Comment